Welcome to the Linwood Teaching School Alliance
We are the Linwood Teaching School Alliance – a partnership of schools and institutions sharing our skills, experience, talent and capacity to help improve learning and achievement in schools across Bournemouth and beyond.
Our school leaders and the schools they lead have exemplary records in leading successful school improvement, and improving outcomes for their learners by creating inclusive and successful partnerships between and beyond schools.
Our values are grounded in trust, investing in staff, giving all partners an equal voice in defining our aims and programmes, and ultimately improving outcomes for children of all abilities.
Please browse our site to find out more about our Alliance, our training and support and how you and your school can become part of an Alliance that is committed to Quality First Teaching for all.
Recruiting NOW !
- Local Specialist Teachers (LSTs)
- Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
- National Leaders of Education (NLEs)
If you have leadership experience in SEND we would like to hear from you ! Please see our System Leader pages for further information : click here
Booking NOW !
- Newly Qualifies teachers (NQTs)
- Middle Leadership programme with Colourworks Autumn 2017
- Gateway to Headship with Colourworks: Autumn 2017
- RQT programme 2017 -2018
For information on events and training programmes please see our Training & Events page
- LTSA is pleased to support the Bournemouth Maths network. This is a forum for mathematics subject leaders and other teachers with an interest in mathematics. This is a termly meeting for schools in the Bournemouth area – it will provide a link with maths hubs operating in the region.
- LTSA’s support for the SEND/Inclusion networks continues through 2016/2017. i) SEND Leadership for Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers, Principals, Vice Principals, SENDCos and SEND Governors ii) SEND Classroom practice for teachers, HLTAs ( and SENDCOs too)iii) SEND TAs for TAs and other support staff
See our Training & Events page for more details
These area series of after school information sessions aimed at TAs, Parents, NQTs and anyone who would like an introduction to the world of SEND. Topics include
- What is dyslexia and how does it affect learning ?
- SEND in Early Years
- What is Autism and how does it affect learning ?
- How does behaviour affect learning ?
For more information see our flyer in the SEND support section
We will have more throughout the year… keep checking in to find out when
Are you thinking of getting into teaching ?
Linwood TSA offers an Initial teacher Training programme in partnership with the University of Winchester. This is a PGCE in General Primary with SEN. See our Initial Teacher Training pages, find our course details on UCAS ( https://www.ucas.com/ucas/teacher-training ) and have a look at https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk
Find out more about our ITT offer or indeed would like to apply to start for the next intake, then please do get in touch.
Linwood Teaching School Alliance
Bournemouth BH9 1AJ
Steve Mason LTSA Lead email@example.com
Will Green Admin Support firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicky Strutt Admin Support email@example.com