The purpose of the Autism Education Trust (AET) is to improve the education of children and young people with autism.
To achieve this, the AET:
- Develops and delivers training and a range of materials for early years settings and schools.
- Develops and disseminates information on educational practice.
- Provides an interface between users, practitioners and policy makers in respect of educational practice.
- Actively engages with young people, parents/carers and practitioners to inform its work.
- Undertakes research into effective practice.
The following AET training sessions are nationally recognised certified courses with training materials included.
For more information on AET training, visit: www.autismeducationtrust.org.uk
AET Tier 1 training
Basic autism awareness training for all staff within school-age education settings, mainstream and specialist services.
The training will support participants to:
- identify the four key areas of difference that need to be taken into account.
- know the importance of understanding the individual pupil and their profile of strengths and areas for development.
- identify the key areas to help pupils on the autism spectrum build positive relationships with staff, peers, families and people in their community.
- develop an awareness of the sensory and communication differences that pupils may experience.
AET Tier 2 training
A full day course providing practical knowledge, hands-on tools and techniques for all practitioners working directly with school-age pupils (aged 5-16) on the autism spectrum, in both mainstream and specialist services.
Tier 1 training is not required for this course.
The training will:
- enable practitioners to develop their knowledge and understanding of good autism practice.
- provide guidelines and activities to support practitioners, allowing them to reflect on, and improve their own practice.
AET Tier 3 training
This one day session is designed for staff who have a leadership role that includes responsibility for developing provision for pupils on the autism spectrum within a school setting.
It will bring lead practitioners from a range of organisations together to discuss, share and develop practice and understanding.
It is suitable for practitioners working with school-age pupils on the autism spectrum in both mainstream and specialist services.
The training will:
- Enhance delegate’s knowledge and understanding of good autism practice.
- Help delegates to question, evaluate and develop autism practice within their setting.
- Provide delegates with the tools to audit staff skills and identify training needs.
- Develop skills and knowledge so that delegates can support their organisation to meet/exceed the requirements of external reviewers such as Ofsted and be compliant with legislative requirements.
AET Tier 1 training : £15 per person
AET Tier 2 (half day of training) : £60 per person
AET Tier 2 training : £110 per person
AET Tier 3 training : £110 per person
The costs for in house training:
AET Tier 1 : £295 plus £3 per person for materials
AET Tier 2 (half day of training) : £475 plus £5 per person for materials
AET Tiers 2 & 3 (full day of training) : £950 plus £5 per person for materials
To book a place on any of our events, please visit: www.bcpworkforcedevelopment.co.uk
or contact Jackie Horne at email@example.com